In Computer Systems and Software Engineering programs students learn to solve problems using technology in the solution. Faculty bring real-world experience to the classroom so they know how to apply the principles they teach. VCSU has partnerships with leading Enterprise Software providers (including Microsoft, SAP and Oracle) and incorporates software into the curriculum so students graduate with hands-on experience. Faculty build relationships with area businesses to create more opportunities for internships. Innovative programs like the Software Engineering major as well as CRM and Enterprise Applications certificates give students specialized skills that employers demand.
Why choose a Computer Systems and Software Engineering Program from VCSU?
- We offer the only Software Engineering Bachelor's Degree in North Dakota
- Student-Faculty ratio is 10:1 within the department creating more individualized attention
- Get hired doing what you are passionate about. Graduates hold nearly a 100% in field placement rate for the last 10 years
- All courses utilize real-world exercises
- Complete projects together with area businesses
- Applicable courses have field trips to technology firms and regional/national conferences
- Undergraduate research opportunities available
- Become a student member of a professional organization
- Friends of CSSE scholarships awarded annually
- Encourage future students, get involved with outreach to area elementary and high schools
- Internships available regionally, nationally, and internationally
- We are members of the SAP, Oracle, National Center of Women & IT, Microsoft Imagine and Dynamics Academic Alliance Programs which provide access to the newest software and reserach available
- Complete homework, study, ask questions, and socialize in our Student/Faculty Collaboration Area
Learn more about our current and past students' experiences